Monday 4 April 2011

Lets take a trip to Sin City...

I have found a new inspiration for my photography project. Bombastic to me means colour, but I don't think that full-blown colour would be the best way for the photos to be edited. For a start to my research, I looked at one of my favourite films Sin City. I love the way colour is used to highlight key objects or characters. Here are some examples underneath:




The only thing about Sin City, is that the colours are over exaggerated and the rest of the image is in black and white. I kinda want to lean away from black and white. I feel it's too overused for no particular reason. But what i want to do is use the image, tweak the brightness/contrast but to keep a key object or element in the picture in full colour. This should fit into my colour criteria.

To be quite honest, I will probably slip into the black & white street photography image style but at least I'm trying not too...

No comments:

Post a Comment