Wednesday 13 April 2011

Just for a recap...


I was reading my older posts recently and i've realised how far my idea has come from my starting point. A lot has changed since then, so I'll just list stuff that has changed.

- The whole black and white thing
My original idea was to use black and white with one item of colour in my pictures. I researched films such as Sin City and looked at various editing styles that changed the concept of the photos. I completely dismissed the use of colour all together as I didn’t think it would be appropriate but now I am using full colour, maybe because it was such a sunny day and didn’t want to waste the opportunity.

- Street photography style
It is still street photography, just in a more documentary style. My original idea was to use a similar style to ….. but it changed due to my circumstances as people not turning up etc. It is still posed but it is documentary as they socialized in each of the locations.

-Extremes of people
It was such a sunny day that people did not really wear their most extreme clothes to portray their stereotypes. In the beginning, this was my idea, to clearly show all of the subgenres of youth fashion culture. But then this developed to be a documentary style of photography after looking at the book Fruit and was pleased with whatever they were wearing on the day.

I never realised how much my idea developed...

No comments:

Post a Comment