Tuesday 12 April 2011

Ideas on editing...

Here has come to the part that I have been dreading, the photo editing. I am really not sure what will suit my photographs and convey the style/ purpose. Everything I do is for a reason and this is no different. i want the same editing style for the whole sequence.

Black and white
The roots of street photography stem from black and white imagery and I also feel that I lean towards it when doing this style. It also looks very stylish but it could take away from the environment and the uniqueness of the people. Also, it may not be the best option, as I was taking pictures in very harsh light and the shadows may become too prominent.

Sections of colour
There is quite a lot of photos that I have taken that involve a lot of colour. If i wanted to go down the black and white route but bring out key items in the photos, this would be the way around it. But I'm not sure if this will be right for it or not.

Sepia tones
This is a way of editing, without giving away or bringing forward too much colour. I quite like it, but it is all a question of if it will take too much away from documenting the people in photos.

The only way I'm going to find out is to just do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment